Torrance Lawyer Handling Injury Compensation
There are many types of injuries that result in the need for a workers’ compensation claim. Some of these injuries can be noticed easily, while others may not be as obvious, or not noticeable at all. If you have been hurt on the job, either in an accident or through a work condition or repetitive stress injury, talk to an experienced workers’ compensation lawyer.
We have been serving workers in California since 1980. Our partner attorneys are all certified specialists of The State Bar of California in workers’ compensation law. Call us at 310-803-9205 for a free consultation about your case.
Injuries On The Job
While your employment only needs to contribute a small part to your medical condition in order for you to have a workers’ compensation case, many people get hurt on the job in accidents and through problems that develop over time from repetitive movements, stress or work conditions.
One-Time Injuries And Accidents
Some work-related injuries occur because of an accident — a one-time event that causes harm to a worker. Common work accidents include:
- Falls from slips, trips or other causes
- Lifting a heavy item
- Crushing injuries, lost fingers or broken bones from machines, heavy objects or materials
- Injuries from vehicle or equipment accidents or problems
Physical Injuries And Illnesses That Happen Over Time
Other work-related injuries and illnesses happen over the course of time. These include:
- Hypertension/high blood pressure, heart disease and stroke that may be related to stressful work environments, work deadlines or physical injuries
- Depression, anxiety, post-traumatic stress disorder (PTSD) and other psychiatric conditions related to stress, physical injuries, assaults or other events
- Fibromyalgia due to repetitive activities and stress
- Hearing loss due to exposure to loud noise
- Rheumatoid arthritis aggravated by physical injury and/or stress
- Degenerative conditions of the knees, back, shoulders or other body areas due to performance of repetitive activities such as heavy or awkward lifting
- Hand, wrist and arm ailments, including tendinitis and carpal tunnel syndrome, from repeated hand and arm movements
- Lung damage or neurological problems from exposure to fumes and chemicals
- Hearing loss from prolonged exposure to loud noise
Some workers suffer from multiple injuries. Regardless of the type or seriousness of your problem, we can advise you on what benefits you may be entitled to.
Contact Us For Free Advice About Your Case
Contact us to talk to a Torrance depression attorney, Long Beach PTSD attorney or other workers’ compensation specialist with our firm. The consultation is free. Se habla español.